Saturday, February 5, 2011

Grinnall Scorpion For Sale

Tisias said Stesicoro storytellers IMERA

Venus Morgantina
Iassu chierete ochi ochi ... No! No! Do not look for reasons of state! No desire to conquer! Do not sing the Greeks and Trojans were pirates rich and stupid. I know for a fact that this was a war for love ... Do not ask us to Sicily as you can fall for a woman. And if that woman is the most beautiful woman in the world ... Well, imagine Phidias and Praxiteles, which together create the body of a woman parakalo Kirie, parakalo ... Now I ask you, esteemed audience, leave it to us poets, storytellers, we can only describe the most beautiful woman in the world. Perimenete Kirios ... sorry, I hope I have acknowledged. I myself, Stesicoro Imera and are still blind ... It is true that a blind poet is better than one not blind. It is not true at all. Of course, I have become old and blind while waiting for me to be vindicated. They are blind because they are the victim of a curse caused me the most beautiful woman in the world ... I sang love stories are beautiful stories of love that only the poets and bards rhapsodes the lyre singers can sing. No, sorry you did not understand no ... absolutely ... After all astounded me not just knowing your culture. Who said that one who is blind, poet and song of Helen of Troy must necessarily be Homer! Ime a bit Sikil Kirios. Yes, gentlemen are Stesicoro and Termini Imerese in Sicily! For singing Elena did not agree with his decision to run away with this Trojan, I was a victim of her curse! Can a woman leave her husband and elope with another, leaving his home? Can a woman to deny his lust for fire? Can a woman forget modesty and chastity, family and decorum be lured by the exuberance of his body? And do not forget the gentlemen who is the daughter of Tindaro, a great king, the king of Sparta ... You know how to call such a woman down to us in Sicily? No gentlemen should not ... I will say no!
This I sang and I was immediately punished by the gods with blindness, and so I have to stay until they again sing a hymn to Elena which rehabilitates the memory. But if Homer has sung the wrath of Achilles and the multifaceted genius of Ulysses I sang Elena ... Here now, my esteemed audience, this accingerò me your ear if you worked and you see even the colors are not easily distracted and having followed my hand instead.
I hope I do not deserve your consent, for today I just the mercy of the gods and in the end you will see me through there by the orchestra smile to greet you by name one by one, then it means that my song was accepted by Elena because I had my sight back ... O Phidias and Praxiteles, you have lied by saying that sculpts the body of Venus ...
You have sculpted what he saw Achilles white island: the body of Helen ...

Mille quince ;
threw the chariot of Lord
thousand boughs of myrtle
And wreaths of roses
And wreaths of soft violas
this story is not true
not ascended ships equipped
not ever you came to the fortress of Troy.

(Prologue to the dramatic texts of the Trojan War Helen O. Sanicola)

Tisia man said Imera "Stesicoro", ie teacher or officer of the choir (he invented the epode) unlike Homer's "highest singer ', was a storyteller, and" novelist ". The Greeks ate their myths and Stesicoro was "Salgari" he told a thousand novels myths of his time. 26 volumes (in Alexandria) are a great production. We remember the Nostos, the returns of the Greek heroes, Elena and her recantation (retraction). At his Saga of Orestes and was inspired by Aeschylus's Prometheus. So the more a man of theater and theater that he preferred the epic genre. She showed her tomb in Catania, who still remembers him with a prestigious square. He lived between 630 and 550 BC Blind Homer wrote his Destruction of Troy and Helen of Troy as adultery, punished with blindness had to write his recantation (portrait) to regain his sight. In this episode you attach the text presented here.

-for describing the Phiale see see text next to or

http://www.regione.sicilia.it/beniculturali/dirbenicult/info/beniinamovibili/PaPhiale.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment